1 / 1 Picture by:
Honey Banana Bread
- 500g strong white flour
- 30g live yeast
- 1 teaspoon of dried yeast
- 1 cup (250ml) warm water
- 30g butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 chopped bananas
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation:1hour10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:1hour45min
- Sift flour into a large bowl and and rub in butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add both types of yeast to warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast liquid, honey and chopped bananas.
- Stir the mixture together until it forms a dough, then knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 mins or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and grease a 23x12cm loaf tin.
- Knead dough again for 5 - 10 minutes, shape and place in prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 mins or until it is hard when you tap it on the bottom.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!