Honey Banana Bread
Be the first to make this!
This bread which I have been making for years uses both fresh yeast and dried. You can find fresh yeast at health food stores.
500g strong white flour
30g live yeast
1 teaspoon of dried yeast
1 cup (250ml) warm water
30g butter or margarine
2 tablespoons of honey
2 chopped bananas
1 pinch of salt
- Sift flour into a large bowl and and rub in butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add both types of yeast to warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast liquid, honey and chopped bananas.
- Stir the mixture together until it forms a dough, then knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 mins or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and grease a 23x12cm loaf tin.
- Knead dough again for 5 - 10 minutes, shape and place in prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 mins or until it is hard when you tap it on the bottom.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate