5 people made this
This is a plum pudding style dessert which uses prunes (dried plums) instead of plums. I hope this will be what you are looking for!
125g butter, room temperature
1 cup (125g) white sugar
6 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup chopped candied citrus peel
1 1/2 cups pitted prunes, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 2 litre souffle or casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine the citrus peel, prunes, raisins and pecans. Stir in the flour and toss so that everything is coated with flour.
- To the butter mixture add the fruit and nut mixture along with the bread crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well and transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until well browned.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate