1 / 1 Picture by: PIXIE2
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 (400g) tins chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup plain flour for dusting
Preparation:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry onion until browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat then add chickpeas.
- Mix curry paste with apple juice until smooth then add to the frying pan. Simmer mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more apple juice or water as needed to keep mixture moist.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 3 equal-size rectangles, then cut each rectangle in half. (You will have 18 pieces total.) Dust a clean, flat surface lightly with flour then roll each piece of pastry until it is double in size. Dust pastry with flour to prevent it from sticking to rolling pin.
- Spoon an equal amount of filling into centre of each pastry square. Fold in half and press edges to seal. Place on nonstick baking trays. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Perfect as an appetiser or lunch! Quite tasty but may need a little more salt to add to the taste. Cooking time spot on! Thanks for a great recipe. - 01 Apr 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!