Banana Muffins with a Crumb Topping
- Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 90g butter, melted
- Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20g butter
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with paper liners.
- Banana Muffins: In a large bowl, mix together flour, bicarb soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Crumb Topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse polenta. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a fine skewer inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.
I read all the reviews on this recipe before trying and decided it was worth a shot. So glad i did!! These are fantastic sweet treats!! Yummo! I only put 2 bananas in and put a 125g punnet of fresh blueberries in, and they were sweet bliss!! If you are reading this, TRY THIS RECIPE!!! - 21 Feb 2012
Made these with my 3 year old Grandson and have to admit, I tweaked it a little. I used Self Raising Flour instead of Plain and added a dollop of cream to the mixture. My family loved them and are begging for them to be made again. - 12 Jul 2012
These are my absolute fav muffins!!!!! - 22 Oct 2011