Delicious Carrot Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (250g) white sugar
- 250g grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (220g) tin crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
Preparation:20min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hour10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and flour a 23x30cm cake tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, sugar, carrots, vanilla and oil. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, stir into the carrot mixture. Fold in the pineapple, nuts and raisins. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until cake springs back when lightly touched. When cool, ice with cream cheese frosting.
I'm not sure if the Oil measurement is right for this mix or maybe it could have been the fact I was using gluten free flour, But this cake did not work for me at all. It was way too moist after cooking it for nearly 2hrs. - 17 May 2009