Rich Truffle Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 90g butter, softened
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 750g cream cheese
- 1 tin (440g) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour30min
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- To make the base; mix together crushed vanilla wafers, icing sugar, cocoa and butter by hand. Press ingredients into a 23cm springform pan.
- In the top of a double boiler or bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips, making sure that they are very smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Mix in melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Pour the filling into the prepared base.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes. The cheesecake will seem underbaked in the centre, but will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.
Wonderful cheesecake, great texture, very rich, only thing base was really hard, will make again but with ordinary biscuit base instead - 04 Jan 2011
Have to have a fiddle! I had so much mixture left over I'm wondering where I went wrong! Here comes hubby for the taste test and..... YES it's a winner :-) - 19 Dec 2008