Maids of Honour Tarts I
1 / 2
2 / 2
14 people made this
These individual tarts have a raspberry surprise in the bottom. Vanilla essence may be substituted for the almond essence.
2-3 sheets ready prepared frozen short crust pastry, thawed enough to cut
¼ cup raspberry jam
60g butter, softened
¼ cup white sugar
½ cup plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon almond essence
2 teaspoons icing sugar for dusting
- Move oven rack to bottom position and preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly grease 12, 5cm tart pans.
- Cut 12, 8cm circles from the pastry sheets. Fit one pastry circle into each tart pan.
- Spread one teaspoon of raspberry jam into the bottom of each tart shell.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg. Add flour, baking powder, and almond essence. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until risen and firm. Dust tarts with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate