Chicken, Pecan and Strawberry Salad
1 / 4
Mi ~ (a PRO at) Being Mi
2 / 4
3 / 4
4 / 4
241 people made this
This salad both tastes delicious and looks beautiful. You can use whatever fruit is in season instead of strawberries.
500g skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
1/2 onion, minced
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 heads butter lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the barbecue for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grate. Barbecue chicken 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool and slice.
- Meanwhile, place pecans in a dry frypan over medium-high heat. Cook pecans until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates. Top with grilled chicken slices, strawberries and pecans. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.
What a simple and easy dish to prepare.
It had a wonderful taste. Added a few cherries to the strawberries. Totally recommend.
- 14 Aug 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate