Chocolate Truffle Tart
Serves : 8
- 375g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 375ml thickened cream
- 3 tablespoons sifted icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 23cm chocolate biscuit tart shell (see footnote)
Preparation:25min › Extra time:8hours chilling › Ready in:8hours25min
- In microwave dish combine chocolate and 1/2 of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate's melted and iis smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. Mix well and spoon into prepared tart shell.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
Chocolate biscuit tart shell:
To make a homemade tart shell, mix 175g chocolate biscuit crumbs with 90g melted butter and press firmly into a lightly greased 20 or 23cm pie dish or tart pan covering the bottom and the sides.
To serve, try lightly dusting the top of the tart with good quality cocoa powder, and give each slice a dollop of whipped cream.
Delicious for parties! - 21 Jul 2008
Easy Recipe to follow and make. I thought I could cheat and not let it chill for as long as the directions said...WRONG!!!! The flavour wasn't as intense as when it had chilled the 8 hours!!!! Delicious - 21 Jul 2008
Very good but overly rich. Next time I will serve much smaller portions and maybe add raspberries and cream. - 21 Jul 2008