Great macaroni and cheese
- 250g macaroni
- 750ml milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 60g butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 155g grated Cheddar cheese
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry onion until transparent, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk and macaroni. Stir until mixture boils. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally
- Stir in cheese until melted. Serve.
Made it healthier. used wholemeal pasta instead or normal macaroni. changed the milk and cheddar cheese to lite, and didn't add the salt. - 07 Feb 2010
Just made this for a rainy day school holiday lunch. Nice traditional easy mac and cheese. Yum - 18 Oct 2011
- 26 Aug 2012