Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 1/4 cups (410g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 3 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 375g dark chocolate bits
- 1 cup (125g) chopped walnuts
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla essence.
- Dissolve bicarb soda in hot water. Add to the mixture along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.
By far the best cookies I've come across. Try beat mrs fields in my eyes! Making my second batch in a matter of weeks at the moment! 50 cookies per a batch is a lot for two people to get through! Lol - 11 Dec 2011
My favourite cookie recipe. The kids love them! I get at least 40 cookies out of this recipe too so very cost effective. - 03 Jun 2012
I halved the recipe; they have a good flavour but they are insanely sweet. They didn't rise just all spread into each other. - 01 Jun 2012