Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
Serves : 10
- 120g chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 400g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250ml) double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
Preparation:15min › Cook:50min › Extra time:8hours chilling › Ready in:9hours5min
- Grease a 20cm cheesecake tin that will fit inside a pressure cooker. Mix biscuit crumbs and cinnamon together. Sprinkle on the base of the tin, pressing gently.
- Melt chocolate and butter together and set aside.
- With a food processor or table top mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and blend until mixture is well-mixed and uniformly coloured. Add cream, vanilla, sugar and eggs. Beat well. Sieve cocoa powder over batter and pulse or mix on low speed until cocoa is thoroughly incorporated. Pour mixture over biscuit base in tin. Cover cake with a piece of baking paper. Cover entire cake tin with tin foil.
- Add water to pressure cooker. Place cake tin on the trivet in pressure cooker. Seal cooker. Bring up to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure and cook 45 to 50 minutes. Remove cooker from heat and let the pressure drop on its own. Remove cheesecake from cooker and let cool to room temperature in pan on a cooling rack.
- Remove cheesecake from tin and chill for 8 hours before serving.
This is a great recipe. I made it for a holiday dinner and the entire cake was gone. Thankfully I made 2 becasue everyone was asking if there was more!!! My kids loved it and it has been one of the best cakes I have ever made. You definatly need to try this one!!! - 18 Jul 2008
Wasn't kidding about needing to wait overnight for it to set. It's delicious the next day. I don't know if a pressure cooker is the best idea for cheesecake, but this is the only one I've ever made and it came out great. - 18 Jul 2008
This is just what you want when you are making a chocolate mousse cheesecake, delicious! - 18 Jul 2008