1 / 1 Picture by: Chellz
Scottish Oat and Currant Scones
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and currants, then make a well in the centre. In a small bowl, beat egg until frothy and stir in butter and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, and mix to create a soft dough. Divide dough in half and roll into two rounds 1cm thick. Place rounds on baking tray, scoring each into 8 wedges.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until risen and browned. Split wedges, and serve warm.
Definately yum I substituted the currants with sultanas, white sugar for brown, and added a little cinnamon. Really quick and easy to make. - 30 Jul 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!