Creamy Chicken Pie Bake
5 people made this
This easy chicken pie is great to eat in winter. When i made it, I made almost double the amount for 5 people, and it was all gone when we finished cos everyone went back for seconds.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ leeks, sliced
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets chopped into bitesize pieces
2 carrots, sliced
1 red onion, chopped
1 broccoli rosette cut into small pieces
1 medium zucchini, sliced and halved
1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup
1 tbsp cornflour
2 chicken stock cubes
255ml white wine
salt and pepper to taste
premade pastry to cover a 20x30cm baking dish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Par-boil the carrots and broccoli, they must still be slightly firm.
- Meanwhile, in large frypan, cook chicken in frying pan in the oil until light brown. Add leeks, when they are soft, add the soup and wine and stir through.
- Now add the broccoli, carrots and the onion. Stir well and sprinkle the cornflour on top.
- Let simmer while constantly stirring until the sauce really thickens. Add water gradually until at the desired consistency – you may not need all the water.
- Crush the stock cubes in and add salt and pepper to taste. Add extra water if needed here.
- Cook in frypan for a further 15 mins, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a 20x30cm (or similar size) baking dish and top with pastry. Pastry should hang over edge as it will shrink when it cooks. Use a fork to make "breathing" holes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until pastry has risen and is flaky and liquid ingredients are hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate