Carrot and Coriander Soup with a Kick
1 / 3
3 / 3
1 person made this
For a nice presentation, swirl some cream in a circle add a couple of whole coriander leaves to the centre of the soup.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 big red chilli, finely chopped (include seeds)
3 (400g) tins of plum tomatoes, with juice
1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
1 bunch chopped fresh coriander
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onions, carrots, garlic and chilli until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes, vegetable stock, half the coriander, balsamic vinegar, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, and continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove soup from heat, and stir in the cream. Finely chop the remaining coriander, and mix into the soup before serving.
Spicy! But very good. Being that we're vegan, I changed this a little by not adding cream. I didn't miss it one bit.
- 31 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate