Couscous and Chickpea Soup
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or tabasco
- 1 1/4 litres water, or as needed
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 eggs
- freshly cooked hot couscous.
Preparation:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Chop all the vegetables into medium-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan gently cook the vegetables together with the salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, chickpeas, coriander, turmeric and stock cube. Bring soup to the boil. Wash the eggs thoroughly and add to the saucepan. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove eggs, now hard-boiled; peel, slice and add to the soup. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over steamed couscous.
yummy - hearty, delicious and satisfying. It's a vegetarians dream: - 27 Feb 2012
This was really good! I added some cabbage, just because I had some. Simple and filling and delicious! - 28 Sep 2010
absolutely delicious, very easy, this is going in my weekly cycle of dinners. thank you Tania Covo - 02 Sep 2010