Cod in tomatoes with wine
4 people made this
Easy, but delicious. Great for those watching their health and who also want a seafood feast.
1 tablespoon cooking oil
¾ onion, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 red chillies, seeded & chopped
6 roma tomatoes or a tin (440g) of peeled tomatoes
1 cup (250ml) white wine
pinch salt and pepper
handful of basil, chopped
smaller handful of parsley, chopped
2 cod fillets or any hearty white fish
8 - 10 king prawns uncooked, but peeled and deveined
- If using fresh tomatoes, peel them by slicing a cross in the top, then soak in boiling water for 2 mins then put them in cold water for 1 min to ease peeling. Chop the tomatoes.
- Add oil to frying pan on low heat, Saute the onion and garlic – about 2 mins. Add chillies and chopped tomatoes and reduce over a medium heat - mashing helps if you're impatient.
- After about 2 mins, pour in the wine and simmer for 3 mins. Add salt, pepper, parsley and basil and stir in.
- Add the cod fillets and cover the frypan with lid or foil. Cook for 5 minutes then turn and cook for a further three minutes. Add the prawns to the pan and re-cover
- Cook for further 2 - 3mins til done. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve with vermicelli noodles, new potatoes or salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate