German Plum Cake
1 / 1
1 person made this
This is perhaps closer to a sweet tea bread than a cake but it is absolutely delicious while warm from the oven.
3 level tablespoons of yeast
125ml of milk, warmed
a pinch of salt
450g plain flour
pinch of salt
75g caster sugar
6 fresh ripe plums
75g icing sugar
pinch of cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk and add 1 teaspoon sugar to get it started. Leave for 10 - 20 minutes, or until frothy.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place all the other ingredients, except the plums, in a large bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture and knead into a dough ball. Let it rise until doubled.
- In the meantime take the stones out of the plums, cut them in half and then make a small cut in the lower half of the halved plum.
- Knead the dough again and place in 23cm baking tin. Arrange the plums so they are peeking out a little from the dough.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, checking after 30 minutes to see if it is ready.
- Mix icing sugar with a pinch of cinnamon. Spread it over the still hot plum cake right after it comes out of the oven.
- Ready! Eat it slightly warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate