1 / 1 Picture by: MGEE73
Stilton Tarts with Mushrooms
- 1 sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 125g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoons of white wine
- 130ml cream
- 2 small eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 140g blue stilton, crumbled
Preparation:30min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour10min
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry about to about 5mm thick and line 4 tartlet tins (about 10cm)
- Chill the pastry in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Then cover each one with greaseproof paper and weigh them down well with some baking beans. Cook for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a little olive oil, fry the onion until it's soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms and wine; turn up the heat. Fry for a few more minutes until they're looking golden, then leave the mixture to cool a little.
- Lightly whisk the cream with the eggs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in the crumbled stilton and the mushroom mixture.
- Pour into the pastry cases, leave a little space so they don't overflow while they cook and put them in the oven for 15-20 mins until they're golden on top and solid.
- Serve warm.
I like this recipe site, but if you let through comments like the one before me on this recipe, I think you will lose a lot of viewers including me.. - 20 Jul 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!