Thai Garlic Prawn Pasta
4 people made this
This is a beautiful and unusual prawn pasta sauce with Thai flavours. You can adjust the spiciness to your taste.
1 large red onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1/2 tsp Thai curry paste, or more to taste
1 (410g) tin chopped tomatoes with juice
handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
250g peeled and pre-cooked king prawns
1 teaspoon butter
- Put the onion and 3 cloves garlic into a large pan on a low heat with oil for 2 minutes to soften the onion. Add the curry paste and stir.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the tinned tomatoes to the onion and garlic and stir. Add the basil, salt and pepper to taste, and more curry paste if you want it.
- Put prawns on a sheet of foil, add the butter and remaining garlic and fold into a package. Place in the oven to warm up for a few minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the tomato sauce and stir. Serve up the pasta and top with prawns.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate