1 / 1 Picture by:
Indian Shahi Paneer
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 200g paneer, chopped into chunks
- pinch of turmeric
- 200g cream
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Add chopped onions and fry on a medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add chopped ginger and garlic and fry for 5 minutes more.
- Add the garam masala and fry for further 2 minutes, then add the tin of chopped tomatoes and salt to taste and fry till the oil leaves the sides. Add the sugar to taste and let the mixture cool.
- Put the paneer pieces in hot water with a pinch of turmeric to soften the paneer, then drain on paper towels.
- Blend the cooled tomato mixture in a blender then put it back in the pan and heat it for another five minutes. Add the cream and then add the drained paneer pieces. Stir till they are heated through.
- Serve with rice or chapati.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!