Mixed Fruit Barm Brack
5 people made this
A traditional Welsh fruit cake that uses cold tea to soak the fruit overnight. Also known as Irish Tea Brack.
350ml cold black tea
220g brown sugar
375g mixed dried fruit
315g (approx 2 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- Put the tea in a bowl. Add sugar and mixed fruit to the cold tea and leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add flour and egg to the tea mixture and stir until the mixture is smooth. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Then check every 10 mins after that with a knife or skewer to see if all mixture is cooked.
- Slice and serve with butter.
Great easy recipe
- 12 Jul 2016
Hi which is the correct cooking time???? 20mins or 1hr 30mins?????
- 12 Jul 2011
I love love love this! I know it as Irish Tea Brack and I will never get sick of eating it!! Great easy recipe
- 21 Feb 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate