8 people made this
The classic ANZAC biscuits made of oats, coconut and golden syrup, created by the Australian and New Zealand troops during WWI.
Makes: 20 biscuits
75g rolled oats
75g dessicated coconut
100g plain flour
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C (160 C for fan forced). Grease two baking trays.
- Mix together the oats, coconut, flour and sugar.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the golden syrup until it has dissolved. Mix the bicarb soda with two tablespoons boiling water. Add this to the butter mixture.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the butter mix. Slowly mix the ingredients together until combined.
- Take tablespoon amounts of mixture, roll into balls (it may be a bit crumbly) and place on the baking trays about 3cm apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 8-10 min or until biscuits are golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate