1 / 1 Picture by:
Chocolate and Cinnamon Souffle
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 75g plain chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 60g butter or margarine
- 40g plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 5 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grease a 20cm soufflé dish (or cake tin - or 4 small individual ramekins) with melted margarine and dust with sugar.
- Put 1 tablespoon of milk and the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and melt over hot boiling water, or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over gentle heat, then add the flour all at once; mix well and remove from the heat.
- Add milk into flour mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly until the mixture forms a creamy paste.
- Add melted chocolate, cinnamon and all five egg yolks. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk five egg whites and add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep whisking until egg whites look like foamy bubbles.
- Slowly add whisked egg whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into souffle dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!