Easy Steak And Kidney Casserole
9 people made this
If you can find steak and kidney mix at the butcher try making this delicious casserole. Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
750g steak and kidney mix
1/4 cup (35g) plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 small brown onions, chopped
3 sprigs parsley, torn roughly
280ml tomato pasta sauce
1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
1/2 cup (125ml) water
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium carrot, cut into 2cm pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Coat the steak and kidney mix with seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan; cook the onions until tender.
- Remove from the heat, mix with meat and parsley in large oven-proof casserole dish.
- Pour pasta sauce on top of meat mix, then the wine, water, garlic and carrot. Do NOT stir at this stage.
- Cover with foil and place lid on top.
- Cook in oven for 2 hours. Stirring half way through cooking time. Remove from oven and stir well.
- Serve immediately with mashed potato and steamed green veg.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate