Prawn and Vegetable Curry
Serves : 4
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped (or to taste)
- 200g raw peeled and deveined prawns
- 2 tablespoons water
- 300g sliced vegetables of your choice – carrots, beans, capsicums
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped - to serve
Preparation:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Add the onion, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and green chillies and stir till onions turn crispy brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the frying pan, stirring well, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the water and stir to release any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the vegetables and mix well, then cook covered for 3 minutes. Add coriander and cook covered for a further 1 to 2 minutes, until vegetables are tender and prawns are opaque.
- Serve on a platter with the chopped cherry tomatoes on top for garnish. Best eaten with boiled rice or naan.
Made it vegetarian. This is under the vegan heading but it's obviously not. Prawns aren;t very clever but it's a bit rude to call them vegetables! - 20 Dec 2010