1 / 1 Picture by: barbarella
Mixed Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 large mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
Preparation:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the capsicum, onion, zucchini and mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, red wine, tomato paste and mixed herbs, and allow to simmer for ten minutes, or until liquid has evaporated and sauce thickens.
- Serve over pasta with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!