Ricotta and Spinach Filo Parcels
2 people made this
Ricotta and spinach parcels or spanakopita are great savoury pastries that make a great lunch or lunchbox snack.
8 sheets filo pastry
4 large handfuls spinach
90g butter (divided)
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large frying pan, melt one-third of the butter over medium high heat and add spinach. Once spinach is wilted, stir in the ricotta then turn the heat off.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a small pot. Prepare the filo using two sheets on top of each other for each parcel – brushing each sheet well with melted butter.
- Divide the spinach mixture between the four lots of filo, placing the mixture in the centre. Fold the filo over the filling to make a square or triangular parcel. Brush the pastry with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Pastry should be crisp and golden brown.
:- YUM it sounds good!!!
- 21 Feb 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate