Nutella and Chocolate Meringue Cupcakes
A delectable chocolate cupcake filled with Nutella and topped with a decadent chocolate meringue. Perfect to take to parties or enjoy around the house!
3 people made this
Makes: 18 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
4 egg whites, room temp
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
Extra time:15min cooling ›
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 x 12 hole muffin tins with 18 large paper patty pans.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the flour, sugar, cocoa, eggs, oil and milk together until well combined.
- Evenly fill the 18 patty pans, about 2 tablespoons each.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes until springy to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tins for about 15 minutes.
- Meringue: Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut a hole in the centre of each cake about 3/4 way through and fill the hole with nutella.
- Using a large glass or stainless steel bowl and an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff then add sugar 1/3 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in cocoa.
- Pipe or spoon meringue onto the cupcakes then place into oven for about 3 to 5 minutes to lightly brown.
- Cool completely. Store in air tight container.
See it on my blog
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168