1 / 1 Picture by:
Easy Chocolate Pudding
- 60g chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 250g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 125g caster sugar
- 120ml milk with 1 teaspoon vanilla essence added
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour30min › Ready in:1hour50min
- Lightly grease a 900ml pudding basin.
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg; add sugar gradually and continue beating till mixture is creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Stir dry ingredients alternately with milk mixture, beating until smooth after each addition. Fill the greased pudding basin 2/3 full. Cover tightly with a greaseproof paper lid. Secure lid with string.
- Place the basin inside a large pot and pour water in the pot until the pudding is half immersed in water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve hot with custard.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!