1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
My parents used to make this as an occasional treat for breakfast or brunch. The cornbread is made from a coarse polenta style cornmeal.
Makes: 1 (20cm) square tin
90g coarse polenta (cornmeal)
125g white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
60ml vegetable oil
Extra time:10min ›
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Combine cornmeal and milk in a small bowl and let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk in cornmeal mixture, egg and oil until smooth. Continue whisking for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased 20cm square baking tin (or 12 muffins).
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Served with butter and maple syrup for tasty change to your breakfast routine.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate