1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
Now you can make crumbed lobster at home with this easy to follow, tried and tested family recipe. This recipe uses lobster, but you can also use crayfish, prawns or other similar crustaceans.
vegetable oil, for deep frying
2 eggs, whisked
225g plain flour
salt and pepper, to taste
225g fine breadcrumbs
450g whole lobster tails
- Preheat the oil for deep fat frying in a large heavy bottomed saucepan, or in a deep fat fryer.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, flour, beer, salt and pepper. Beat to form a smooth thick batter.
- Pour the breadcrumbs out onto a plate.
- One at a time, coat the lobster with the batter then quickly roll in the breadcrumbs to cover. Immediately transfer the scampi to the preheated oil for cooking. Repeat for the remainder of the scampi.
- Cook the scampi for 5 minutes, until they turn crispy and golden brown. Remove and blot to remove excess oil. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate