Lemon delicious dessert
A delicious and light baked lemon dessert.
3 people made this
70g soft butter
200g caster sugar
5 eggs, separated
150ml lemon juice
1 lemon, rind finely grated
50g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease 4 individual ramekin dishes with butter and then lightly coat with sugar.
- Cream the butter with a third of the sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, a couple at a time. Stir in the lemon rind, flour, milk and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Whip egg whites to form soft peaks. Fold in the rest of the sugar. Fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour the mixture into the 4 ramekin dishes.
- Place the dishes in a baking dish of water and cook in a pre-heated oven for 35 minutes or until just firm on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool in a cold water bath. Serve.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (2)
I have just made this and it was a delicious lemon pudding. Thanks.
31 Jul 2011
4 Ramekins?????? I could have filled 12 Ramekins what did I do wrong? Haven't cooked it yet folks, but I'll let you know what it tastes like
12 May 2013
(Review from Allrecipes UK & Ireland)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11