1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is a great old fashioned recipe for an easy ginger shortbread. This delicious shortbread is topped with a ginger glaze.
110g plain flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
55g soft brown sugar
110g icing sugar
1 tablespoon ginger syrup
1 tablespoon chopped preserved ginger
- Shortbread: Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease a 20cm round loose-bottomed cake tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and cornflour then add the ground ginger.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together, then combine with the flour mixture to make a soft dough.
- Press the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Pinch the edges and prick the centre area with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Icing: Mix icing sugar with ginger syrup and spread onto the cold shortbread. Top with preserved ginger.
- When the icing has set, slice and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate