1 / 1
2 people made this
This is a recipe I found many years ago and I make it regularly when baking my chocolate orange tart. Any citrus fruit can be used depending upon what you're baking.
Makes: 2 Jars full
4 teaspoons orange zest
160ml fresh orange juice (2 to 4 oranges)
3 egg yolks, lighly beaten
Extra time:30min marinating ›
- In a medium saucepan over a medium heat, combine orange zest, orange juice and sugar then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until it has melted and combined. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs and yolks into the cooled orange mixture until well blended.
- Return to the heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat then cover and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Pour into sterilised glass jars, seal and leave to cool completely. Store in the fridge.
It will keep unopened in the fridge for up to 3 months then for 3 weeks once opened.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate