1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
Roast turnips in the oven and they become lovely and sweet and perfect in vegetarian soup. Omit the cream to make it vegan.
1 turnip, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 onion, finely diced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
5 cups vegetable stock
dash cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place turnip cubes on a greased baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven 25-30 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and thyme and saute 4-5 minutes until vegetables are soft but not browning.
- Add the roast turnips and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree the soup. Add cream if desired, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Reheat and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate