Shortbread Biscuits, Gluten Free
1 / 1
30 people made this
Great tasting shortbread without wheat flour and egg. For best results, refrigerate dough for one hour.
3/4 cup fine cornmeal flour
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
175g butter, softened
extra butter for greasing
Extra time:1hour chilling ›
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Sift cornmeal flour, rice flour and sugar together in a medium-large bowl.
- Add butter. Mix with hands until soft dough forms. If you feel that it's still too wet just add a little more flour (either one is fine). Refrigerate one hour.
- Cover biscuit tray with greased baking paper.
- Shape dough into 2.5cm balls. Place about 5cm apart on greased paper. Flatten with lightly floured fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
It melts in your mouth...
- 15 Apr 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate