1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
Sachertorte is a classic Austrian chocolate cake with a filling of apricot jam and a dark chocolate icing.
Makes: 1 cake
100g dark chocolate
6 eggs, separated
250g cake flour, sifted (or plain flour)
200g apricot jam
200g dark chocolate cake icing
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Pour in the chocolate while continuing to beat.
- Beat in the egg yolks. Stir in the flour at little at a time while beating. Add pinch of salt. Preheat oven to 140 degrees C.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff then fold gently into the chocolate mixture. Stir until smooth. Pour into a greased and floured springform tin and level with a knife. Bake 1 hour.
- Slice the cake in half horizontally. Heat the apricot jam in a small saucepan.
- Spread jam on both halves of the cake and sandwich back together. Ice the cake evenly with the chocolate icing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate