1 / 1
1 person made this
If you're making your own chocolates or chocolate Easter eggs, you'll have to temper it for best results so it is glossy and inviting.
Makes: 250 g tempered chocolate
250g chocolate, dark, milk or white
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Break up the chocolate and place in the bowl. Melt it, uncovered, to a maximum temperature of 45 degrees C.
- Remove from heat and pour chocolate onto a smooth work surface such as marble or steel. You could also use a flat baking tray.
- Using a metal spatula or knife blade, spread out the chocolate. When it begins to solidify return chocolate to the bowl.
- Reheat to 31 degrees C for dark chocolate, 29 degrees C for milk chocolate and 28 degrees C for white chocolate.
- If you want to check, pour a teaspoon of chocolate on a plate. It should solidify in under a minute.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate