1 / 1
2 people made this
Easier than an Easter bunny cake, these delicious chocolate muffins look perfect on the Easter table.
Makes: 12 muffins
50g butter, at room temperature
100g white sugar
110g brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
120ml apple sauce
20g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
175 grated chocolate
Nutella(TM) or chocolate glaze
24 round coloured wafers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with patty cups.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix well, then mix in apple sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, bicarb soda and grated chocolate. Beat into the butter mixture until well mixed but do not over mix. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the tin, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully cut 12 of the wafers in half.
- Ice the tops of the muffins or spread with Nutella. Place a wafer on top for a face and two wafer halves for the ears. Draw on eyes and whiskers with writing icing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate