1 / 1
1 person made this
I like to make this cake to decorate the Easter table, it's very pretty and the kids love having the eggs in the cake.
Makes: 1 cake
2 cups plain flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
100g butter, softened (plus extra for greasing)
1 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 cups caster sugar
4 tablespoons baking cocoa
few drops vanilla essence
mini chocolate Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Make the cake: in a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder.
- Gradually add butter, milk, eggs and vanilla essence and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Grease a ring tin and dust with cocoa powder. Pour in the batter and bake 35 minutes or until it tests done.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Combine the butter, caster sugar, cocoa and essence in a blender and blend until creamy.
- When the cake is done, let cool. Place on a serving plate and ice. Fill the hole in the middle with chocolate Easter eggs. Chill until serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate