2 people made this
I thought this recipe was totally weird and not going to work, and then I tried it and it was great. Definitely a fruitcake worth trying to cook.
Makes: 1 cake
1 cup caster sugar
2 cups mashed pumpkin
750g mixed fruit (dried)
3 cups self raising flour
2 teaspoons mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Grease a large round or square cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating after eat addition.
- Stir in the mashed pumpkin and mixed fruit, making sure it is well combined and none of the fruit is clinging together.
- Sift in the flour and mixed spice, then fold to combine. When well mixed transfer the to prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. If the top looks like it is getting too brown, cover with some foil until cooked through.
- When cooked remove from the tin and let cool on a rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate