1 / 1
2 people made this
Minestrone is a whole meal in itself, especially when served with crusty bread. The perfect winter warmer for the family.
olive oil, as needed
several slices smoked bacon, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 small leek, cleaned and sliced
2 carrots, sliced
100g green beans, sliced
1/2 zucchini, sliced
2 tins tomatoes, whole or sliced
6 cups (1 1/2 litres) water
1 cup small pasta shells
1 tin red or cannellini beans, drained
parsley, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and chilli pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the bacon until it starts browning.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, leek and carrots and saute a few moments.
- Add the green beans, zucchini and tomatoes. Add water and simmer until the vegetables are tender, adding more water if necessary.
- About 10 minutes before end of cooking time, stir in the pasta and beans. Simmer until pasta is al dente.
- Taste and season with parsley, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and chilli pepper as desired. Serve, topped with grated Parmesan.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate