Chinese Tomato Soup
Although tomatoes are not common in Chinese cuisine they can be used to great effect as in this delicious soup.
24 people made this
1 onion, diced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small tin tomato paste
4 cups water
2 chicken stock cubes
4 cups passata
6 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 dessertspoon sambal oelek
1 dessertspoon minced ginger
1 dessertspoon minced lemongrass
2 tablespoons cornflour
handful egg noodles or rice noodles
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of oil and fry the onion. Add the chicken and lightly brown.
- Add garlic and tomato paste, stir then add 4 cups water. Add stock cubes and simmer 1 hour on low heat.
- Remove the chicken from the stock. Add the passata and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sambal oelek, ginger and lemongrass. Stir this mixture into the soup.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little cold water to make a paste. Stir into the soup.
- Add noodles and simmer 20 minutes over low heat. Return the chicken to the saucepan and serve.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 220.127.116.11