9 people made this
Buying muesli bars was getting so expensive so we started making our own, after a few tweaks this is the recipe we now use the most.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup muesli
1 1/2 cup rice bubbles
1 cup sultanas
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
- Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan heat the butter, honey and sugar until the sugar dissolves, the cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine with the oats, muesli, rice bubbles and sultanas.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray then use the back of a spoon to gently flatten.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Cut into bars with a sharp knife.
I added a few pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts and after it finished cooking poured some melted cooking chocolate over the top, yummm
- 04 Aug 2015
Very easy to make. I think it tasted better the day after I actually made it. I'll be making it again.
- 18 Apr 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate