1 person made this
Very simple, very dramatic way to barbecue a whole fish. I like it with snapper but most whole fish will work with this technique.
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 whole snapper, head on, cleaned
juice of 2 lemons
- Mix together the olive oil and garlic.
- Preheat the hotplate of the barbecue to high heat. If you don't have a hotplate, just place a piece of sheet steel over the rack and lower close to the coals.
- Place the fish in a wire fish-shaped grilling rack. Brush all over with the olive oil-garlic mixture.
- Place the fish on the hotplate. It will smoke a lot! Cook, turning occasionally, until just done, 10-15 minutes. The fish should have little toasty blackened spots.
- Transfer the fish to a warmed serving platter and remove the skin. Pour over the lemon juice and serve!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate