1 / 1
6 people made this
This is a great broth to make if you have vegetarian members of your family as you can add the smoked sausage at the end or not as you like.
150ml extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
5 potatoes, peeled and quartered
4 cups (1 litre) water
2 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
pepper, to taste
1 smoked sausage, cut into slices (optional)
1 bunch kale
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute 10 minutes, stirring. Add the potatoes and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cook at a low simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender to consistency of your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, add more water to your liking. Add optional smoked sausage.
- Remove the ribs of the kale leaves. Roll up two or three of the leaves at a time and, with a very sharp knife, slice as thinly as possible.
- Divide the leaves among 6 bowls and ladle hot soup over. Let the leaves wilt for 5 minutes then serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate