3 people made this
I always thought apple dumplings would be some type of dumpling cooked in apple juice, turns out it is an apple cooked in pastry, here is a recipe that worked for me.
2 very small apples
2 tablespoons sultanas
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 sheets puff pastry
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees C.
- Core and peel the apples. Mix the sultanas and the brown sugar.
- Put each apple on one of the puff pastry sheets then fill the core with the sultanas and sugar. Fold the pastry around the apple so it is fully covered.
- Place the apple dumplings on a small sheet of foil (so if any juices escape they don't fall into the air fryer). Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Place in you air fryer and set the timer to 25 minutes and bake the apple dumplings until golden brown and the apples are soft.
Cook in the Oven
These apples can also be cooked in the oven, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and cook for 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate