4 people made this
This chocolate trifle uses sponge finger biscuits so it's a bit like a tiramisu as well. Perfect for the holiday table.
3 egg yolks
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 egg whites
6 tablespoons sugar
400ml thickened cream
1/2 cup chocolate milk
1 packet sponge finger biscuits
dark chocolate, to garnish (optional)
Extra time:4min chilling ›
- In a saucepan, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, milk, cornflour and cocoa powder. Cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar until just firm. Slowly add the cream, mixing gently. Set aside.
- Dip half the biscuits in the chocolate milk and place in a layer in a 20x30cm baking tray.
- Spread the cream on top. Top with another layer of dipped biscuits. Cover with chocolate mixture.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, if you like. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate