Vegemite And Cheese Biscuits
Vegemite is 91 years old this year (2014). Happy birthday. So to celebrate Here is my recipe creation.
8 people made this
Basic Biscuit Mix
250g butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tin condensed milk
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
Vegemite and Cheese
3 heaped tablespoons vegemite
1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Basic Biscuit Mix: Cream butter and sugar. Add condensed milk, beating until well combined. Stir in flour until well combined.
- Remove 500 grams of mix (makes about 940 grams).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Vegemite and Cheese: Stir Vegemite and cheese into the 500 grams of biscuit mix.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly with a fork dipped in flour (shake off excess).
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until set on top and lightly brown.
You can add anything you like to this basic mix. I have a recipe up for ginger crunch using the same basic recipe.
See it on my blog
Find me at www.shazzieskitchen.blogspot.com
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124